Here are my five most popular posts, based on viewership:
1. DIY: Dr. Schulze’s Super Tonic—Step-by-step instructions for how to make this amazing concoction at home.
2. Four foods that are cheaper than ramen—It really is possible to buy healthier food than dehydrated noodles on even the smallest budget.
3. The jaws of defeat (Freshly Pressed)—Diana Nyad’s fourth and final attempt to swim unassisted from Cuba to Florida.
Update, 2 September 2013: she wasn’t done yet! “She freaking made it” after all.
4. The golden ring (Freshly Pressed)—My parents’ 50th wedding anniversary.
5. Racing for redemption—Lessons learned from Seabiscuit.
In addition to these, here are five posts I especially like:
- My favorite story
- Recognizing the boats
- The risks of real love
- On the shoulders of giants
- Grammar as a fundamental competency